Share This On:
INDIAN EXPRESS – Pakistan wrapped up the ODI series in convincing fashion – much the same way they did the T2oI series – against the West Indies in the UAE on Sunday after a 59 run win. The win gives Pakistan a 2-0 win in the three-match ODI series.
West Indies have had a poor show in the UAE and that run continued when first they conceded 337 runs and then with a big target to chase, lost wickets without hurting the scoreboard. Babar Azam once again produced the goods with the bat for Pakistan, scoring a second century in a row and found good support from Shoaib Malik who scored 90.
Late on, Sarfraz Ahmed upped the scoring level with a quick 60 from 47 balls.
In response, Darren Bravo (61) and Kraigg Brathwaite (39) tried to give their side the momentum with a 89 run stand for the second wicket. But with Brathwaite’s dismissal, that continuity was lost.
Marlon Samuels tried to give some edge to the West Indies batting with a 57 but in the end, it was for a lost cause.
- CPL: St Lucia Zouks retain six players from 2019 squad
- Daren Sammy excited having Chris Gayle with St. Lucia Zouks despite controversy
- Cricket: Women’s and ‘A’ Team Series in the Caribbean postponed
- St Lucia Zouks name the Caribbean players they will retain this season
- Chris Gayle to be penalised for his public outbursts against Tallawahs, Ramnaresh Sarwan
- CWI boss expects Chris Gayle to be punished
- Pamala Baldwin’s Team Liquid wins the 2020 CSA Traveller’s trophy
- Daren Sammy supports Dugard, Micoud
- Cricket chiefs still planning for T20 World Cup this year despite COVID-19