Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Royal Saint Lucia Police Force would like to remind road users, both motor vehicular and pedestrian traffic, to adhere to traffic regulations when utilising our roadways.
A total of 503 accidents have been reported to the Traffic Units in Castries and Vieux Fort, from January 1, 2019, to date. Twenty-four of these incidents involved pedestrians, one resulting in loss of life.
In an effort to reduce traffic violations, including improper use of roads by pedestrians, there will be an all-out campaign by police to clamp down on traffic violations.
Drivers are encouraged to ensure all relevant documents with respect to insurance and licenses are up to date, as there will be no exemptions in enforcing these regulations.
We wish to thank the public for their support and continued cooperation in our efforts to foster safer road conditions for all.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM