Share This On:
Four individuals have been arrested — one sustaining gunshot wounds — during a police operation on Thursday, May 16 in Grand Riviere, Gros Islet which netted a firearm, ammunition and drugs, according to a police press release.
Police said a 9mm Beretta pistol, 14 rounds of ammunition and a “quantity of illicit drugs” were recovered during a search of a residence in Grand Riviere, Gros Islet, around 5:30 a.m.
As a result, four individuals were arrested with one sustaining gunshot injuries during apprehension, police said.
The injured suspect has been hospitalised in stable condition, while the other suspects are in police custody and charges are expected to be laid shortly, police said.
“Further information regarding the progress of this operation will be made available at the soonest,” the release said.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM