Share This On:
(SNO) — A Guyanese national is dead following a stabbing incident in Bagatelle, Castries on Sunday afternoon, and one person is in custody assisting with investigations.
The victim has been identified as 26-year-old Michael Pooran, originally from Guyana but living in Bagatelle.
According to a press release, police officers attached to the Marchand Police Station responded to the incident at 5 a.m.
Pooran reportedly sustained several stab wounds during an alleged altercation.
He was transported by ambulance to Victoria Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
More BREAKING NEWS Stories
- Ukrainian passenger plane crashes in Iran January 8, 2020
- Iran launches missiles at Iraq base housing US troops: reports January 7, 2020
- Bordelais inmate chopped up by another inmate: official January 7, 2020
- Shooting in Gros Islet January 5, 2020
- Magic Johnson visits Saint Lucia January 3, 2020
- Three start new year homeless after Pavee fire January 1, 2020