Share This On:
(SNO) — A Guyanese national is dead following a stabbing incident in Bagatelle, Castries on Sunday afternoon, and one person is in custody assisting with investigations.
The victim has been identified as 26-year-old Michael Pooran, originally from Guyana but living in Bagatelle.
According to a press release, police officers attached to the Marchand Police Station responded to the incident at 5 a.m.
Pooran reportedly sustained several stab wounds during an alleged altercation.
He was transported by ambulance to Victoria Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
More BREAKING NEWS Stories
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019
- Fisherman stabbed in Canaries November 8, 2019
- UPDATED: Two injured in Castries accident identified November 8, 2019
- Elderly man beaten in Entrepot during home invasion November 7, 2019