Share This On:
(SNO) — Around the time Kimberly De Leon was murdered on October 29, 2018, residents of The Morne, Castries, reported to the media of hearing seven to 10 gunshots.
De Leon, a mother of two, was reportedly found suffering from multiple gunshot wounds when police responded to the scene around 10:30 p.m. on that date.
However, a post-mortem has concluded that she sustained only one gunshot wound, and that was a fatal one to the head. That’s according to information from official law enforcement sources.
The post mortem was conducted last Friday, reportedly by a new pathologist, according to reliable sources.
De Leon’s husband, a senior police officer, has been fingered as a “person of interest” by the police due to prior domestic dispute reports involving the couple.
However, he is yet to be officially arrested or named a main suspect. He has proceeded on a 100-day vacation leave, police said.
De Leon, who worked as an accountant in the Ministry of Education, was 42 years old.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM