Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – Energy has been identified as a key driver of economic development for the region and the OECS Commission has been working on a number of energy initiatives aimed at assisting Member States in realising their renewable energy and energy efficiency targets.
To this end, the OECS Energy Policy Implementation Dialogue: Transforming Development through Sustainable Energy was held from March 7-8, 2018, in Saint Lucia to provide energy focal points of the OECS an opportunity to collectively meet and strategise on policy and technical measures that will support and accelerate their national efforts on sustainable energy.
The two-day meeting allowed the OECS Commission to share information and receive feedback on its current and planned activities on, inter alia:
– investment opportunities for energy;
– building energy resilience; and
– supporting the greater incorporation of energy across sectors for economic growth.
The meeting also provided the opportunity for Member States to present an update on their energy activities, priorities and challenges. This information will form the basis for guiding the work of the Energy Programme at the Commission and to help shape an effective functional cooperation on energy within the OECS.
A key output from the meeting was an agreement on the elements of a comprehensive regional framework to support enhanced implementation of national energy policies and plans in the OECS.
More Caribbean Stories
- Jamaica: Road deaths fell more than 50 per cent since July November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- No new loans from China — Jamaica PM November 12, 2019