Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia’s Jayhan Odlum-Smith finished second in Heat 2 of the men’s 50m butterfly on Wednesday morning at the Youth Olympic Games, Buenos Aires 2018.
Action at the Natatorium in the Youth Olympic Park turned to the pure sprint version of the short-axis, rhythmic butterfly.
Odlum-Smith came into the event with the 43rd-fastest time, his 15-17 national age group record of 26.23 achieved at this year’s XXXI CCCAN Swimming Championships.
The Seajays speedster tapped the wall in Argentina at 25.74 seconds, a fine improvement from him, and more than a second faster than his best 2017 performance, 26.77.
Aged 16, the Corinth Secondary School student was 38th overall in Argentina. He will also compete in the 100m freestyle.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM