Share This On:
(SNO) – Awardees from Saint Lucia who received the Order of Chivalry of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire has received high praises from the Prime Minister Allen Chastanet.
Recently the Governor General of Saint Lucia, His Excellency Sir Emmanuel Neville Cenac, hosted the Investiture of eight, of the 11, recipients who received the prestigious award.
“There is nothing as rewarding as service to humanity and service to country and this is what these awards are designed to honour; to give back in some measure to those who have served and distinguished themselves through such service,” Chastanet said.
He pointed out that over the years Saint Lucia has produced large numbers of men and women who took on the mantle of serving and providing service in every single field of endeavor, in both the public and private sectors.
“It is mainly on the shoulders of these people that the development and progress of Saint Lucia has always and continues to depend today. As a country we must not allow our heroes to go unrecognized,” he stated. “We must continually thank them for their services and in some cases their sacrifices. In their pursuit of noble professions or in service to the community they have given us a piece of themselves.”
He said Saint Lucia “owes a debt of gratitude to those awarded today and even more Saint Lucians who are committed to their profession and country.”
“It is my sincere hope that the example set by these honorees will motivate and inspire others to step up and serve their communities and country as well,” Chastanet said.
Of the 11 recipients, eight received their awards in Saint Lucia.
-C.B.E.: Commander of the British Empire –
• Rick WAYNE For services to entertainment, professional bodybuilding, advocacy and journalism
M.B.E. To be Ordinary Members of the Civil Division of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire –
• Margaret ROBERTS-STEELE For services to broadcasting
-B.E.M. British Empire Medal (Civil Division) –
• Gaspard Peter David CHARLEMAGNE For services to education
• Mary PIERRE- For services to the community
• Pamela Mary DEVAUX- For services to charity
• Joseph Reilly DOLCY- For services to the St. Lucia Fire Service
• Mary Joan SMITH – For services to entrepreneurship and business
• Vincent McDOOM – For services to entertainment
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM