Share This On:
(SNO) – Awardees from Saint Lucia who received the Order of Chivalry of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire has received high praises from the Prime Minister Allen Chastanet.
Recently the Governor General of Saint Lucia, His Excellency Sir Emmanuel Neville Cenac, hosted the Investiture of eight, of the 11, recipients who received the prestigious award.
“There is nothing as rewarding as service to humanity and service to country and this is what these awards are designed to honour; to give back in some measure to those who have served and distinguished themselves through such service,” Chastanet said.
He pointed out that over the years Saint Lucia has produced large numbers of men and women who took on the mantle of serving and providing service in every single field of endeavor, in both the public and private sectors.
“It is mainly on the shoulders of these people that the development and progress of Saint Lucia has always and continues to depend today. As a country we must not allow our heroes to go unrecognized,” he stated. “We must continually thank them for their services and in some cases their sacrifices. In their pursuit of noble professions or in service to the community they have given us a piece of themselves.”
He said Saint Lucia “owes a debt of gratitude to those awarded today and even more Saint Lucians who are committed to their profession and country.”
“It is my sincere hope that the example set by these honorees will motivate and inspire others to step up and serve their communities and country as well,” Chastanet said.
Of the 11 recipients, eight received their awards in Saint Lucia.
-C.B.E.: Commander of the British Empire –
• Rick WAYNE For services to entertainment, professional bodybuilding, advocacy and journalism
M.B.E. To be Ordinary Members of the Civil Division of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire –
• Margaret ROBERTS-STEELE For services to broadcasting
-B.E.M. British Empire Medal (Civil Division) –
• Gaspard Peter David CHARLEMAGNE For services to education
• Mary PIERRE- For services to the community
• Pamela Mary DEVAUX- For services to charity
• Joseph Reilly DOLCY- For services to the St. Lucia Fire Service
• Mary Joan SMITH – For services to entrepreneurship and business
• Vincent McDOOM – For services to entertainment
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM