Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The National Workers Union (NWU) will launch its first Financial Services Workers Council in the first quarter of 2019.
The Council will comprise all the banks along with the nine credit unions, BELFund, Saint Lucia Mortgage Finance Company Limited and National Insurance Corporation (NIC).
The Council will be responsible for the total unification of the sector, to seek audience with government to discuss serious anti-worker amendments previously made to the current banking legislation, undertaking periodical research, establishing opportunities for standardization, and demanding more protection for workers employed in the financial services sector.
A representative from Union Network International (UNI), to which the NWU is an affiliate, will be present at the launch.
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 5:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM