Share This On:
Chairman of the Government Negotiating Team (GNT) Vern Gill has appealed to the National Workers Union (NWU) to attend another planned meeting on June 14, 2013 at which closure will be brought to negotiations between the GNT and the NWU.
The parties met Thursday, June 6, 2013 but were unable to reach a compromise position on take-home pay for cleaners and janitors.
The NWU has accepted the GNT’s request for the new date of June 14, 2013.
Both sides are positive that an amicable resolution of the matter could be realized. Such an agreement would pave the way for workers to receive their new compensation at the earliest.
Add St. Lucia News Online on Blackberry Messenger (2A983D96); follow us on Twitter (twitter.com/slunewsonline) and like us on Facebook (facebook.com/stlucianewsonline) for breaking stories and news as it is posted.
More Finance/Business Stories
- St. Lucian wins trip to Spain from Magnum Tonic Wine January 17, 2020
- ECCB hosts 4th Growth and Resilience Dialogue with Social Partners January 17, 2020
- UNESCO IPDC opens new project submission cycle January 16, 2020
- New Year’s Message from the President of CSA – Cyprian Montrope January 14, 2020
- Signing ceremonies for two Grassroots Projects in Saint Lucia January 14, 2020
- Gov’t announces goodwill and brand ambassadors January 13, 2020