Share This On:
As a result the NWU has submitted a recognition claim to the Labour Commissioner, Mr. Ray Narcisse on behalf of the staff.
The National Workers Union (NWU)’s letter is in keeping with the present Labour Act No. 37 of 2006 which deals with workers’ representation.
The Company has since replied to the Labour Commissioner (Ag), conveying its doubt as it relates to the union’s request. A prepoll meeting has been proposed by the Department of Labour to urgently deal with this matter.
The NWU currently represents employees in seven (7) companies within the financial services sector.
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- St. Jude impasse: HR manager to be sent on administrative leave — NWU
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- Britain pushing US to form 5G club of nations to cut out Huawei
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”