Share This On:
Regina Pierre and Nathan Charles, Shop Stewards from Sugar Beach Resort and National Insurance Corporation (NIC) – both branches of the National Workers Union (NWU) – will leave Saint Lucia shortly for Guadeloupe.
While in Guadeloupe, they will join over 100 trade union officials who will be participating in an industrial forum and attend the 14th Congress of Delegates of the Guadeloupe Trade Union Federation. The Industrial Relations session, which will attract trade union officials from the English, Dutch, French and Spanish-speaking region, is scheduled from April 1-7, 2014.
Nathan Charles who will lead the delegation, will deliver a solidarity message to the 14th Congress of Delegates on behalf of the National Workers Union.
Over the last two years, the NWU has successfully carved relationships with sister organisations in the French-speaking region.
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff
- 1.5 million Caribbean jobs expected to be lost due to COVID-19 — ILO
- St Lucia photographer Kirk Elliott launches FREE Virtual Photo Tour
- Saint Lucian cultural activist says working from home increased her creative juices (+video)
- Sagicor launches plan for frontline ‘heroes’
- Caribbean Association of Banks appoints new director
- Digicel’s US$1.7-billion debt restructuring deal amounts to default: Moody’s
- Export Saint Lucia, gov’t say local businesses experience growth after overseas Mission
- WLBL and SLD urge Saint Lucian consumers to drink responsibly