Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The National Workers Union (NWU) has written to the acting labour commissioner calling for an investigation into two issues brought to the attention of the National Workers Union.
Workers employed with Secure St. Lucia Ltd. are not being paid for their certified sick leave in keeping with the National Insurance Corporation’s (NIC) regulations.
Workers employed with Secure St. Lucia are not paid for public holidays.
The NWU is concerned that the said company seems to be a law unto itself and continues to threaten workers who are determined to walk for their rights.
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia gov’t denies buying horses or funding racetrack October 21, 2019 2:38 PM
- Three injured in Bexon accident October 21, 2019 2:10 PM
- Senior citizen stabbed multiple times in Bocage October 21, 2019 1:14 PM
- UPDATE: Two dead following Castries accident October 21, 2019 12:32 PM
- UPDATE: Fatal accident in Castries October 21, 2019 12:02 PM
- Entrepot Secondary students sent home early due to “inadequate supervision” October 21, 2019 12:00 PM
- Soca artiste launches ‘Born Lucian’ clothing brand October 21, 2019 11:01 AM
- Gas, diesel prices increased; cylinder prices decreased October 21, 2019 10:36 AM
- RC Infant school to now remain closed until Tuesday, Oct 22 October 21, 2019 10:21 AM