Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The National Workers Union (NWU) has written to the acting labour commissioner calling for an investigation into two issues brought to the attention of the National Workers Union.
Workers employed with Secure St. Lucia Ltd. are not being paid for their certified sick leave in keeping with the National Insurance Corporation’s (NIC) regulations.
Workers employed with Secure St. Lucia are not paid for public holidays.
The NWU is concerned that the said company seems to be a law unto itself and continues to threaten workers who are determined to walk for their rights.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools