Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Cde Johann Harewood, Secretary General of the National Workers Union has been elected to serve on the Regional Council of IndustriALL. IndustriALL is a global organization representing more than fifty-three (53) million workers in over one hundred and forty (140) countries and its Headquarters is in Geneva.
IndustriALL recently held an industrial forum in Saint Lucia at the St. James’s Club Morgan Bay. Thirty (30) participants from local, regional and international trade unions affiliated to the organization attended the two day forum.
Mr. Johann Harewood’s election to the organization’s Regional Council will be for a period of three (3) years and this would serve as an opportunity for him to expand his knowledge on matters dealing with the trade union movement at all levels.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Signing of the CARIFICO agreement January 21, 2020
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020
- St. Lucian wins trip to Spain from Magnum Tonic Wine January 17, 2020
- ECCB hosts 4th Growth and Resilience Dialogue with Social Partners January 17, 2020
- UNESCO IPDC opens new project submission cycle January 16, 2020