Share This On:
Some 50 sales and clerical workers employed with the company at several operational units will benefit from the new industrial agreement.
The parties agreed to an 8.5 percent general wage increase spread over three years with 2 percent in Year One, 3 percent in Year Two and 3.5 percent in Year Three. Workers will also receive a lump sum payment ranging from $800 to $1,000 based on length of service.
The industrial agreement which will be signed shortly also provides for a new regime of fringe benefits and improvement in general working conditions. This is the first between Sea Island Cotton Shop and the National Workers Union.
Meanwhile, the recently held secret ballot poll among workers employed with Sharp Eye Security Ltd. was won by the National Workers Union.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Republic Bank (EC) meets Saint Lucia business community February 20, 2020
- BOSL to host second Own Your Home showcase and seminar February 19, 2020
- Social workers attend software refresher course February 18, 2020
- Global investors look to diversify portfolios amid coronavirus chaos February 18, 2020
- General procurement notice: Closure Plan for Vieux Fort Landfill February 18, 2020
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020