Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The National Workers Union (NWU) has written to Mr. Vern Gill, Chairman of the Government Negotiating Team (GNT) on the present status of negotiations between Government and the National Workers Union.
These negotiations between the parties are on behalf of workers employed with Government in the following categories: Non-establishment; Daily paid, Constituency Councils, Watchmen, Cleaners, Cooks… The NWU is of the opinion that very little could be achieved with a year-end staring at both Government and the National Workers Union.
Since NWU members had to bear the brunt of the impact of a three (3) year wage freeze, it is obvious that those at the lower rung of the economic ladder are still economically scared by that imposition.
The NWU would like the Government Negotiating Team to embrace an operation of “Putting Money on the Road for Christmas” and positively consider a good lump sum payment before Christmas to all NWU members. The union would be prepared to continue negotiations in the first quarter of 2019.
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM
- Prime Minister assures former Majestic Industries workers that their request will be granted December 9, 2019 3:28 PM
- Cellma training at OKEU December 9, 2019 12:44 PM
- Jade Mountain food gets top French honors December 9, 2019 9:30 AM
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM