Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The National Workers Union (NWU) has written to Mr. Vern Gill, Chairman of the Government Negotiating Team (GNT) on the present status of negotiations between Government and the National Workers Union.
These negotiations between the parties are on behalf of workers employed with Government in the following categories: Non-establishment; Daily paid, Constituency Councils, Watchmen, Cleaners, Cooks… The NWU is of the opinion that very little could be achieved with a year-end staring at both Government and the National Workers Union.
Since NWU members had to bear the brunt of the impact of a three (3) year wage freeze, it is obvious that those at the lower rung of the economic ladder are still economically scared by that imposition.
The NWU would like the Government Negotiating Team to embrace an operation of “Putting Money on the Road for Christmas” and positively consider a good lump sum payment before Christmas to all NWU members. The union would be prepared to continue negotiations in the first quarter of 2019.
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 5:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM