Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The National Workers Union (NWU) has written to Mr. Vern Gill, Chairman of the Government Negotiating Team (GNT) on the present status of negotiations between Government and the National Workers Union.
These negotiations between the parties are on behalf of workers employed with Government in the following categories: Non-establishment; Daily paid, Constituency Councils, Watchmen, Cleaners, Cooks… The NWU is of the opinion that very little could be achieved with a year-end staring at both Government and the National Workers Union.
Since NWU members had to bear the brunt of the impact of a three (3) year wage freeze, it is obvious that those at the lower rung of the economic ladder are still economically scared by that imposition.
The NWU would like the Government Negotiating Team to embrace an operation of “Putting Money on the Road for Christmas” and positively consider a good lump sum payment before Christmas to all NWU members. The union would be prepared to continue negotiations in the first quarter of 2019.
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort wins ‘America’s Most Eco-Friendly Hotel’ award November 9, 2019 1:45 PM
- VIDEO: Schoolgirls, two women fight at Castries fast food outlet November 9, 2019 1:17 PM
- Cow thief arrested by Anse La Raye police November 8, 2019 10:20 PM
- Fisherman stabbed in Canaries November 8, 2019 8:55 PM