Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The National Workers Union (NWU) has written to Mr. Vern Gill, Chairman of the Government Negotiating Team (GNT) on the present status of negotiations between Government and the National Workers Union.
These negotiations between the parties are on behalf of workers employed with Government in the following categories: Non-establishment; Daily paid, Constituency Councils, Watchmen, Cleaners, Cooks… The NWU is of the opinion that very little could be achieved with a year-end staring at both Government and the National Workers Union.
Since NWU members had to bear the brunt of the impact of a three (3) year wage freeze, it is obvious that those at the lower rung of the economic ladder are still economically scared by that imposition.
The NWU would like the Government Negotiating Team to embrace an operation of “Putting Money on the Road for Christmas” and positively consider a good lump sum payment before Christmas to all NWU members. The union would be prepared to continue negotiations in the first quarter of 2019.
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM