Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Forty (40) Shop Stewards from the Non-established Government Employees and hourly and daily paid Constituency Council Employees will meet at the National Workers Union (NWU) Head Office on Friday May 24, 2019 from 9:30 a.m.
The purpose of the meeting is to discuss and agree on proposals that would form the basis for upcoming negotiations with the Government Negotiating Team for the Triennium beginning 2019.
It is expected that a general wage increase would be the conversation of the negotiations along with fringe benefits, incentives and an improvement in overall working conditions.
The NWU is the bargaining agent for the above mentioned Government workers.
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- St. Jude impasse: HR manager to be sent on administrative leave — NWU
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- Britain pushing US to form 5G club of nations to cut out Huawei
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30
- Non-NIC contributors to benefit from ‘Income Support Programme’
- Digicel’s debt “unsustainable”