Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The leadership of the National Workers Union (NWU) along with 22 shop stewards representing daily paid, constituency councils and non-established workers with the government will meet with Government Negotiating Team (GNT) again on Friday, October 18, 2019, at the Finance Administrative Centre.
The GNT has formally accepted the NWU’s proposals which would cover the two trienniums.
The National Workers Union requested parity, equity, and standardization throughout the government’s national industrial operations.
During the upcoming industrial session the NWU, which had earlier reiterated its request for individual information on employees to help expedite the process, hopes to conclude the negotiations.
- Saint Lucia to benefit from UK’s £3-million contribution to Caribbean COVID-19 response
- Hurricane season: St. Lucian residents urged to ‘consistently’ follow weather reports
- BREAKING NEWS: Vieux Fort construction worker killed in freak accident
- SALCC teaches English to Cuban medical personnel
- George Floyd had ‘violent criminal history’ says Minneapolis police union chief
- West Indies name Test squad for proposed tour of England
- Daren Sammy and Chris Gayle speak out against racism
- Britain pushing US to form 5G club of nations to cut out Huawei
- VIDEO: Saint Lucia borders open June 4; visitors require COVID-19 test, quarantine