Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The Leadership of the National Workers Union (NWU) met with Watchmen, Janitors, Caretakers and Cleaners employed with the different Ministries of Government at the Castries Constituency Council Auditorium Friday, June 22, 2018.
The workers discussed unpleasant working conditions existing on their jobs and called for a complete shake up by those who are responsible for human resource within the various government ministries.
The workers conveyed their disillusionment with not being paid for public holidays, for sick leave, the continued practice of being paid for six (6) hours a day and scant courtesy being displayed by certain school principals.
The workers also selected a five (5) man delegation to accompany the Leadership of the NWU during a scheduled meeting with government officials.
More Finance/Business Stories
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019
- Saint Lucia’s seamoss rebranded October 16, 2019
- St. Lucia Business Awards nominees revealed October 16, 2019
- Saint Lucia government updates minibus sector on road plans October 15, 2019
- New recruitment company in Saint Lucia launched October 14, 2019