Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Government Negotiating Team (GNT) has replied to the National Workers Union’s (NWU) letter to the GNT dated October 15, 2018.
The NWU’s letter to the GNT pointed out that Non-established, Daily Paid Watchmen and Constituency Council workers had their wages frozen for three (3) years. This measure brought untold hardship and left economic scars that are quite visible.
The NWU requested a Lump Sum Payment before Christmas 2018 to be given to all these workers, following which negotiations could continue in the first quarter of 2019.
The NWU is of the opinion that Government must put some money on the road for Christmas 2018. Such a decision will have serious multiplier effect.
A date for the GNT and the NWU’s meeting is being considered.
More Finance/Business Stories
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019
- Saint Lucia’s seamoss rebranded October 16, 2019
- St. Lucia Business Awards nominees revealed October 16, 2019
- Saint Lucia government updates minibus sector on road plans October 15, 2019
- New recruitment company in Saint Lucia launched October 14, 2019