Share This On:
The National Workers Union (NWU) has submitted three recognition claims to the Department of Labour. The said claims are on behalf of workers employed with Eastern Caribbean Elevators Ltd., Sharp Eye Security Services and G4S Security Services St. Lucia Ltd.
The NWU in its correspondence to the Department has provided all the necessary documentation that would enable it to make a speedy determination.
The NWU, which already represents workers employed with three other security companies, is of the view that workers within that sector should be properly screened, trained and remunerated.
A trade union seminar for security officers is currently being planned by the National Workers Union.
More Finance/Business Stories
- ECCB awards CIBC FirstCaribbean 2019 Bank of the Year – Customer service November 19, 2019
- CSA happy over collective agreement with LUCELEC but … November 19, 2019
- Closure of office November 18, 2019
- Bay Gardens Resorts wins ninth Saint Lucia Business Award November 18, 2019
- LUCELEC and CSA sign collective agreement for Grade 1 employees November 18, 2019
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019