Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The industrial wage impasse between SOL EC Ltd and the National Workers Union (NWU) has been amicably resolved.
Company officials flew in from Barbados and met with Tyrone Maynard, President General and Solace Myers, Deputy President General at a meeting which lasted about two (2) hours.
The parties agreed to a wage accord that provides for a 12.5% general wage increase over two trienniums; 7% for the first and 5.5% for the second. Workers will receive a good Back-pay payout along with minor adjustments to the fringe benefits in the collective agreement.
President General of the NWU, Tyrone Maynard addressed the workers after the conclusion of the industrial deal. Both the company and the NWU did all within their powers to have the operations return to a state of normalcy.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM