Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The industrial wage impasse between SOL EC Ltd and the National Workers Union (NWU) has been amicably resolved.
Company officials flew in from Barbados and met with Tyrone Maynard, President General and Solace Myers, Deputy President General at a meeting which lasted about two (2) hours.
The parties agreed to a wage accord that provides for a 12.5% general wage increase over two trienniums; 7% for the first and 5.5% for the second. Workers will receive a good Back-pay payout along with minor adjustments to the fringe benefits in the collective agreement.
President General of the NWU, Tyrone Maynard addressed the workers after the conclusion of the industrial deal. Both the company and the NWU did all within their powers to have the operations return to a state of normalcy.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff