Share This On:
The management of National Insurance Corporation, shop stewards and officials from the National Workers Union have scheduled a meeting aimed at having full discussion on an industrial impasse that has been before Acting Labour Commissioner George Melchoir.
The labour official has advised the parties that they should go back to domestic level and make a serious effort to resolve this important industrial issue.
Reclassification, salary scales, slotting of jobs and workers and retroactive payments are the main issues.
The NWU is expected to hold a general meeting with the employees to bring workers up to date with the situation and to work out compromise options.
The workers are anxious and would like to see this matter resolved peacefully.
More Finance/Business Stories
- Republic Bank (EC) meets Saint Lucia business community February 20, 2020
- BOSL to host second Own Your Home showcase and seminar February 19, 2020
- Social workers attend software refresher course February 18, 2020
- Global investors look to diversify portfolios amid coronavirus chaos February 18, 2020
- General procurement notice: Closure Plan for Vieux Fort Landfill February 18, 2020
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020