Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A 61-year-old North Carolina woman was killed when she smoked while hooked up to an oxygen tank, according to a report.
Belinda Coble was smoking a cigarette around 8 a.m. Tuesday as oxygen was being administered at her home in Zebulon, 20 miles northeast of Raleigh, news station WNCN reported.
The cigarette caused her oxygen tank to ignite, which resulted in an explosion, authorities said.
Her husband was asleep when the incident occurred, but called 911 when the blast and smoke alarm woke him, the outlet reported. He then attempted to put out the fire.
Coble was pronounced dead when authorities arrived, WNCN reported.
More International News Stories
- Trump administration steps up scrutiny of pregnant visa applicants January 27, 2020
- Brazil: 30 dead, 3,500 displaced January 27, 2020
- Finally, a way to accurately count Carib nationals in US January 27, 2020
- Prostate overtakes breast as ‘most common cancer’ January 27, 2020
- Calls for ‘virginity repair’ surgery to be banned January 27, 2020
- China using HIV drugs to treat deadly coronavirus January 27, 2020
- Husband of Christina Mauser, victim in Kobe Bryant crash, speaks out January 27, 2020
- UK introduces new fast-track visa to attract scientists January 27, 2020
- Bryant’s helicopter flew in fog that grounded other choppers January 27, 2020