Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The 10th Stage of the North America, Central and Caribbean Volleyball Confederation (NORCECA) Beach Volleyball Circuit is once again scheduled for Pigeon Island Gros Islet from October 14th-16th.
SLVA, NORCECA officials are once again very excited to be back in St. Lucia; which has been heralded as one of the favorite venues on the NORCECA tour. Despite the recent passage of Tropical Storm Mathew, the local organizing committee have been hard at work preparing the venue, securing logistics and ratcheting up the marketing and promotion to create the ultimate beach volleyball party!
Despite the stringent economic climate which has caused austerity in the business community, the SLVA is thankful and pleased to confirm that The Department of Youth Development & Sports, The ST. Lucia Tourist Board and Blazin FM/Commercial Kings have come on as presenting sponsors for the event. Gold sponsors include Climax and KFC, Other partners include: FLOW, LUCELEC, RCI, Molten, The Wave, Bay Gardens Hotel, Sandals, Massy Mega, Courts St Lucia Limited, DuBoulays Bottling Company.
Palm Haven Hotel, St. Lucia Olympic Committee, St. Lucia National Trust, NCA and Marketing & PR partners Advanced Intellectual Methods ( A.I.M.) which help the St. Lucia Volleyball Association once again execute world class sports tourism event. A number of other sponsors are currently being courted to chip in along with a number of other friends of volleyball to make this event possible.
Thirty two teams will be participating this year will include: USA Canada, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Dominica Republic, Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Trinidad and Tobago, Barbados, Jamaica, St. Kitts and Nevis, Suriname, and home town favorites St. Lucia
are all registered to compete in one or both divisions for US $16,000 in prize money.
St. Lucia’s Male Beach Volleyballers have done very well in recent years, having won two bronze medals on the NORCECA Tour in the past. Qualified for CAC Games in 2014 and Pan American Games in 2015 and went as far as the final qualification tournament in Mexico for Rio Olympics in 2016 by finishing in 6th place the highest ranked Caribbean Island.
More Sports Stories
- Dennery Youth and Sports Council Dennery Tape Ball Smash 20/20 January 27, 2020
- Choiseul community hosts Choiseul Smash cricket tournament January 24, 2020
- DASH 2020 set for weekend launch January 21, 2020
- Hero CPL announces tournament’s economic impact on St Lucia January 21, 2020
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020
- West Indies U-19s all but qualify for semi-finals at World Cup January 20, 2020
- Simmons, Pollard, Bravo give West Indies series-levelling win January 20, 2020
- St Lucia Tennis Association to host first annual awards ceremony January 15, 2020