Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Department of Youth Development and Sports will soon announce the shortlist of personalities who will vie for top honours at the annual National Sports Awards event to be held in February.
Several national sports associations successfully met the December deadline for nominations of sportsman, sportswoman, junior sportsman and junior sportswoman, coach, and administrator, for recognition on the evening.
Among associations submitting nomination forms were the Saint Lucia Athletics Association, the National Basketball Association, the Saint Lucia Boxing Association, the Saint Lucia National Cricket Association, the Saint Lucia Golf Association, the Karate-do Federation Saint Lucia, Netball Saint Lucia, the Saint Lucia Rugby Football Union, the Shooting Association, the Saint Lucia Swimming Association, Special Olympics Saint Lucia, and the Saint Lucia Table Tennis Association.
The Saint Lucia Rugby Football Union submitted nominations for all six categories while the boxing and cricket groups submitted nominations for five. The Table Tennis and Athletics associations made nominations in four categories, while the Basketball, Karate and Shooting groups made entries for three categories of awards. The Golf and Swimming associations made two nominations, and one each came from Special Olympics and Netball.
The annual National Sports Awards will be held on Feb. 17, 2018.
- Suspected case of coronavirus in BVI – Local health officials thrust into ’emergency meeting’ February 27, 2020 3:43 PM
- PAHO calls for stepped up preparedness for Coronavirus February 27, 2020 3:03 PM
- Dr. Kenny Anthony appeals for assistance for fire victims in Vieux-Fort February 27, 2020 2:19 PM
- WASCO responds to Richard Frederick’s statement on ‘Can I Help You’ program February 27, 2020 2:14 PM
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020 9:05 AM
- RSS to present crime scene investigations equipment to St. Lucia police February 27, 2020 8:57 AM
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM