Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Department of Youth Development and Sports will soon announce the shortlist of personalities who will vie for top honours at the annual National Sports Awards event to be held in February.
Several national sports associations successfully met the December deadline for nominations of sportsman, sportswoman, junior sportsman and junior sportswoman, coach, and administrator, for recognition on the evening.
Among associations submitting nomination forms were the Saint Lucia Athletics Association, the National Basketball Association, the Saint Lucia Boxing Association, the Saint Lucia National Cricket Association, the Saint Lucia Golf Association, the Karate-do Federation Saint Lucia, Netball Saint Lucia, the Saint Lucia Rugby Football Union, the Shooting Association, the Saint Lucia Swimming Association, Special Olympics Saint Lucia, and the Saint Lucia Table Tennis Association.
The Saint Lucia Rugby Football Union submitted nominations for all six categories while the boxing and cricket groups submitted nominations for five. The Table Tennis and Athletics associations made nominations in four categories, while the Basketball, Karate and Shooting groups made entries for three categories of awards. The Golf and Swimming associations made two nominations, and one each came from Special Olympics and Netball.
The annual National Sports Awards will be held on Feb. 17, 2018.
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake shakes Dominica again January 14, 2020 8:56 PM