Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Department of Youth Development and Sports will soon announce the shortlist of personalities who will vie for top honours at the annual National Sports Awards event to be held in February.
Several national sports associations successfully met the December deadline for nominations of sportsman, sportswoman, junior sportsman and junior sportswoman, coach, and administrator, for recognition on the evening.
Among associations submitting nomination forms were the Saint Lucia Athletics Association, the National Basketball Association, the Saint Lucia Boxing Association, the Saint Lucia National Cricket Association, the Saint Lucia Golf Association, the Karate-do Federation Saint Lucia, Netball Saint Lucia, the Saint Lucia Rugby Football Union, the Shooting Association, the Saint Lucia Swimming Association, Special Olympics Saint Lucia, and the Saint Lucia Table Tennis Association.
The Saint Lucia Rugby Football Union submitted nominations for all six categories while the boxing and cricket groups submitted nominations for five. The Table Tennis and Athletics associations made nominations in four categories, while the Basketball, Karate and Shooting groups made entries for three categories of awards. The Golf and Swimming associations made two nominations, and one each came from Special Olympics and Netball.
The annual National Sports Awards will be held on Feb. 17, 2018.
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM
- Castries man injured in Marisule motorcycle accident October 21, 2019 6:37 PM
- Reela wins 3rd leg of Community 7s rugby tournament in Desruisseaux October 21, 2019 2:59 PM
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia gov’t denies buying horses or funding racetrack October 21, 2019 2:38 PM
- Three injured in Bexon accident October 21, 2019 2:10 PM