Share This On:
(GIS) – The Nobel Laureate Book Fair which was founded in 2015 as part of activities to celebrate Saint Lucia’s two Nobel Laureates, is now in its 5th year and continues to grow annually.
An added feature has been the official introduction of child authors to the public while celebrating their creativity and aspirations.
Brand ambassador of 758 Books said the exhibition places focus and attention on Saint Lucian authors. The book fair also aims to equip children with the necessary skills to conduct research and use the results to guide creative compositions and interpretations, assisting them in developing their artistic expressions.
Former Director of the National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO), author Dawn French, read an excerpt from her book titled “The Creepy Creepy Tall – Based on True Stories and Life Experiences.”
The exhibition for 2020 will be held under the theme “Vision 2020 celebrating excellence.” The book fair, which forms part of the calendar of activities celebrating Saint Lucia’s two Nobel Laureates is being held at the Gablewoods Food Court, Sunny Acres, and AF Valmont in Castries from Jan. 19 to 31.
Additional activities for the Nobel Laureate Festival include the screening of the Sir Derek Walcott Lectures; “Conversations” – an evening of performances in Dennery; the SALCC “Race to the Morne” and “Meet the Artistes”; “Kesnoh: the Story of Black Mallet” – a play written by Mac Donald Dixon.
More GIS News Stories
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020
- New book features Saint Lucian women in Arts February 13, 2020
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020
- Government hosts consultations on domestic violence bill January 31, 2020
- Ministry undertakes chronic disease health survey January 31, 2020
- Gros Islet Police host community forum January 28, 2020
- Japan facilitates citywide environment project January 27, 2020
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020
- Renovations in order for Piaye Combined School January 24, 2020