Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — On Wednesday, January 23, the Department of Infrastructure will officially sign the consultancy agreement/contract for designs and will launch the “Millennium Highway and West Coast Roads Upgrading Project”.
This signals immediate commencement of the project.
The project will deliver: complete rehabilitation of the Millennium Highway (no more roller coaster rides), reconstruction of the West Coast roads from Cul De Sac all the way to Soufriere, design for the construction of the new Anse La Raye Bridge, and a robust island-wide roads safety programme.
All this work will be done with grant funding from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) – United Kingdom Caribbean Infrastructure Partnership Fund (UKCIF) — an injection of approximately $115 million in the local economy.
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM
- Uncertainty as civil unrest continues in Dominica December 4, 2019 9:56 AM
- Police fire live ammunition, tear gas in Dominica protest (See video) December 3, 2019 4:16 PM
- Saint Lucian sculptor Jallim Eudovic to receive major Caribbean Award December 3, 2019 2:16 PM