Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Saint Lucia Solid Waste Management Authority encourages all residents to contribute to a clean environment this holiday season by containing all garbage until the scheduled collection day for their respective communities.
Greater personal responsibility is critical at this time due to the increase in consumption which results in an increase in the quantities of solid waste generated. Residents who require immediate disposal of waste are encouraged to transport all waste material to the Deglos Sanitary Landfill or the Vieux-Fort Solid Waste Management Facility. Note that disposal of residential waste is free of charge.
This year Christmas Day and New Year’s Day fall on a Tuesday. As such there will be no garbage collection on Tuesday, December 25, 2018 (Christmas Day) and Tuesday, January 1, 2019 (New Year’s Day). The Deglos Sanitary Landfill and the Vieux-Fort Solid Waste Management Facility will also be closed on those days.
Households who receive the collection service on TUESDAYS are asked to pay attention to announcements over the media, the facebook page or through twitter for the revised collection dates. The Authority can also be reached at 453-2208 or Whatsapp at 724-5544.
To the residents of the Gros-Islet, Castries Outer and Castries South Collection Zones note that the Tuesday, December 25, 2018 and Tuesday, January 1, 2019 collection days are rescheduled to Wednesday, December 26, 2018 and Wednesday, January 2, 2019. Please take heed of the rescheduled date if your community is to remain clean throughout the holiday season.
Those who dump indiscriminately or transport waste from their homes/businesses to other communities are encouraged to stop the practice. Instead do what is required to keep Saint Lucia clean and be mindful that poor solid waste management is harmful to human health and the environment.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM