A post mortem examination conducted on the body of a Guyanese man, who was stabbed in Ciceron, Castries, on Saturday August 30, revealed that he died from hemorrhagic shock secondary to stab wounds.
Police Press Officer Aniel Innocent told St Lucia News Online (SNO), today that no arrest has been made in the matter thus far, since investigations are still ongoing.
Cedolf Hunte, 34, also known as ‘Body’, of Ciceron, was attacked by four masked men at around 2:40 whilst playing cards with friends in the community.
An eyewitness told SNO that he saw when Hunte collapsed and fell on his back. The eyewitness said Hunte may have suffered a serious head injury based on how he fell.
The source said after Hunte fell, the perpetrators ran, and a few residents gave chase. According to relatives of the deceased, some known characters from the community may be responsible for his death.
Hunte’s stepmother Rufina Francis had told SNO that she believes the issue stemmed from Hunte’s confrontation with persons who was allegedly responsible for the break-and-enter, of a van he drove sometime late last year.
Relatives have alleged that the suspect and another friend from La Toc may be responsible for the stabbing incident.
Hunte was a construction worker and was living in St. Lucia for about seven years, before his death.