Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — On November 10, 2019, Nisso Etienne from the Sports and Combat Sambo Federation Saint Lucia will be participating in the World Sambo Championships which are being hosted in the 1988 Olympic host country, Seoul, South Korea.
The Championships will run from November 8-10.
This will be the second time that our athletes have represented our island at this level, the first being the World Sambo Championships held in Bucharest, Romania in 2018.
Athletes from the Federation have also previously competed in Pan American Sambo Championships, the most recent being in the Dominican Republic, held from June 28 to 30.
Etienne is set to compete in combat sambo in the 90KG weight class.
His preparation for the tournament has been aided by Coach Thaddeus Francis who recently attended a coaching and referee seminar in the Dominican Republic in order to be better briefed on the updated rules of the evolving sport.
We thank our sponsors National Lotteries Authority for assisting the Sports and Combat Sambo Federation Saint Lucia, in having our athlete represent the country at this stage, and we also wish our athlete a very safe journey to the Championships.
The Sports and Combat Sambo Federation offers all interested persons the opportunity to partake in our fledgling discipline.
Training is held every Saturday at the Carellie Fitness Centre from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
We offer a free open day every first Saturday of the month.
More Sports Stories
- ARC+ first arrival makes landfall in Saint Lucia December 4, 2019
- West Indies name squads for upcoming T20Is and ODIs against India November 28, 2019
- ARC 2019 sets sail November 26, 2019
- Gayle, 40, takes “break” from cricket November 26, 2019
- Saint Lucian named captain of Windies U19 cricket team November 25, 2019
- Afghanistan Cricket Board XI draw with West Indies – 3rd day November 22, 2019
- Brathwaite, Hetmyer get starts but Windies struggle vs Afghans November 21, 2019
- Jorja Mederick qualifies for U16 Masters Final November 20, 2019