Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — On November 10, 2019, Nisso Etienne from the Sports and Combat Sambo Federation Saint Lucia will be participating in the World Sambo Championships which are being hosted in the 1988 Olympic host country, Seoul, South Korea.
The Championships will run from November 8-10.
This will be the second time that our athletes have represented our island at this level, the first being the World Sambo Championships held in Bucharest, Romania in 2018.
Athletes from the Federation have also previously competed in Pan American Sambo Championships, the most recent being in the Dominican Republic, held from June 28 to 30.
Etienne is set to compete in combat sambo in the 90KG weight class.
His preparation for the tournament has been aided by Coach Thaddeus Francis who recently attended a coaching and referee seminar in the Dominican Republic in order to be better briefed on the updated rules of the evolving sport.
We thank our sponsors National Lotteries Authority for assisting the Sports and Combat Sambo Federation Saint Lucia, in having our athlete represent the country at this stage, and we also wish our athlete a very safe journey to the Championships.
The Sports and Combat Sambo Federation offers all interested persons the opportunity to partake in our fledgling discipline.
Training is held every Saturday at the Carellie Fitness Centre from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
We offer a free open day every first Saturday of the month.
More Sports Stories
- West Indies U-19s all but qualify for semi-finals at World Cup January 20, 2020
- Simmons, Pollard, Bravo give West Indies series-levelling win January 20, 2020
- St Lucia Tennis Association to host first annual awards ceremony January 15, 2020
- 10th World ARC sets sail from Saint Lucia January 13, 2020
- Lewis hits undefeated 99 as Windies defeat Ireland January 8, 2020
- Evin Lewis hits undefeated 99 as West Indies defeat Ireland January 7, 2020