Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – Below is the full statement from NHC:
To whom it may concern,
Re: alleged nonpayment of January 2020 Salaries
I would like to clarify a statement made by the NWU to various media houses on their investigation which presumably implicates me an NHC signatory in unethical and non-transparent behavior.
In light of the Industrial Action taking place at the Saint Lucia National Housing Corporation for the past three months, it has been noted that revenue collections have further declined.
I would like to dispel, with proof available that 1). no cheque has been signed by Mr. Mangal, The Accountant or any other NHC signatory after the tenure of the Board 2). All transactions have been authorized, is transparent and has followed due process and integrity. 3). NHC’s account was not cleared to pay any Board Members who did work for the NHC or anyone with Memoranda of Understandings with NHC within this current month.
Salaries are due on or around the 25th of each month, and because of insufficient funds could not be processed for January 25th 2020. Salaries however with prior approval of the board was processed electronically Monday morning January 27th 2020. Electronic Transfer is a normal procedure with three Appointed NHC employees with the responsibility of Posting, Verifying and Authorizing Salaries and Wages without signatory. Employees salaries will be on their respective accounts by 9 am today Tuesday January 28th 2020.
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM