Share This On:
(SNO) — Chairman of the National Housing Corporation (NHC) Timothy Mangal has said the organization is exploring ways to provide low-cost housing for Saint Lucians.
He said this is being done in collaboration with private investors.
“It is very difficult in this country, unless you’ve been subsidized to what we deemed to be low cost housing because of the cost of development,” he told reporters. “However, the NHC, partnering with private developers, is looking at all possibilities in coming up with different housing concepts that will be affordable as possible.”
He stated the whole intention is to target people who are vulnerable in the society who needs those types of homes.
“In that quest, you would see new housing concepts, you would see new housing materials coming up,” he explained.
Mangal noted that the intention is to move away from the single-family housing units to condominium-style houses.
“You would see us move away a bit from the single-family residential unit where everyone would want to have their own garden and own kitchen to a more multiple-family residential concept with a condominium-style development where persons will be able to purchase a flat,” he said.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM