Share This On:
(SNO) – Saint Lucia was the destination for a group of players from the National Football League (NFL) recently, as Carolina Panthers veteran safety Mike Adams was married here at the Royalton with friends, current and former teammates, and members of his personal management team.
Adams, who turned 37 this year, was signed by the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent in 2004. He played college football at Delaware. Adams has also played for the Cleveland Browns, Denver Broncos and Indianapolis Colts.
Born in Paterson, New Jersey, Adams is a native of Wayne, New Jersey, Adams attended PCTI in Wayne, where he helped guide his team to the New Jersey Group 4 state title in 1998. Adams attended Passaic County Technical Institute in Wayne, New Jersey before going on to the University of Delaware.
This is not Adams’ first time in the Caribbean, having visited Jamaica earleir this year. In March he led a group of players to Jamaica, where they visited Granville All-Age School in St James, interacted with the kids and made a number of donations as well.
Last year, Adams was part of a group of NFL players that travelled to South Africa with the goal of supporting and inspiring kids at an orphanage and a high school.
Saint Lucia is one of the world’s, and certainly the Caribbean’s, leading wedding and honeymoon destinations.
- BREAKING NEWS: Entrepot Secondary to remain closed until next week Tuesday October 23, 2019 7:13 PM
- Suspects in Dennery robbery were on bail for firearm charges: sources October 23, 2019 7:09 PM
- Soufriere men charged for killing policeman’s son, attempted murder of another male October 23, 2019 6:12 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Julian Bissette leads Romanian volleyball club to victory October 23, 2019 5:09 PM
- Teenagers arrested for Dennery man’s murder October 23, 2019 12:10 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM