Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) — A driver totaled her car in upstate New York this week — after spotting a spider and freaking out, local authorities said.
The woman was driving on Silver Spur Road in the town of Cairo on Wednesday when she noticed the unwelcome eight-legged passenger crawling around the driver’s area, the Cairo Police Department said on Facebook.
She panicked, causing her to crash her car in a wooded area — completely wrecking the front of her black sedan and suffering a leg injury, cops said. Police posted a photo of the wreckage as a warning for other arachnophobic drivers.
“We know that it is easier for some drivers than others but PLEASE, try to teach new drivers and yourselves to overcome the fear and pull over to a safe place,” the post said. “Lives depend on it.”
Facebook commenters had mixed reactions to the bizarre cause of the crash. “I mean… I’m not even mad,” Yara Yeseinia Enamorado wrote. “She did what she had to do… now burn the car for good measure!”
“Wouldn’t bother me a bit!” Judie Moore said. “A snake might but I think I could contain myself enough to pull over and get out!”
More International News Stories
- E. coli gut infection linked to bowel cancer February 27, 2020
- Facebook bans ads with false claims about coronavirus February 27, 2020
- Coronavirus patient in Brazil marks Latin America’s first case February 26, 2020
- Trump says coronavirus ‘under control’ in US, problem going to ‘go away’ February 25, 2020
- More virus deaths outside China raise pandemic fears February 25, 2020
- Brazilian baby goes viral for epic scowl moments after birth February 25, 2020
- Iran deputy health minister has coronavirus February 25, 2020
- Amid China virus fears, even a haircut is a major operation February 25, 2020
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020