Share This On:
(Cubaminrex) – The Cuban resolution ¨Necessity of putting an end to the economic, commercial and financial blockade imposed by the United States of America against Cuba¨ was widely supported in the United Nations this Wednesday, obtaining 191 votes in favor, 2 against (USA and Israel) and 0 abstentions.
The international community represented in the framework of the 72 session of the United Nations General Assembly strongly rejected the unjust and inhumane policy applied by the United States against Cuba for almost six decades.
Prior to the voting, representatives from many nations, as well as from the main groups and regional and international blocs denounced the illegal blockade, which disregards the international law and the United Nations Charter, considering it the main obstacle to the economic and social development of the Cuban people, whose imposition also damages the sovereignty of countries interested in maintaining normal economic, commercial and financial relations with the island.
More Caribbean Stories
- Communiqué of the 68th Meeting of the OECS Authority February 17, 2020
- CCJ rejects appeal for commission on sale of land February 14, 2020
- Entrepreneurial school to be established in the BVI February 14, 2020
- BVI: Police officer suing commissioner for not promoting him February 14, 2020
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020
- Haiti health workers say 13 children died in orphanage fire February 14, 2020
- Royal Caribbean signs agreement with Antigua for first Royal Beach Club February 14, 2020
- Jamaica: Rastafarian wins ganja case February 14, 2020