Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) – Police are reporting that 25-year-old Akim Loctor, a dishwasher of Castries in St Lucia ,was yesterday charged with possession of cocaine; dealing in cocaine; and attempting to export cocaine.
According to detectives assigned to the Narcotics Division, the drug was found on Monday when security personnel conducted routine checks on passengers and crew who were returning to the cruise ship that was docked at the Falmouth Pier in Trelawny.
During the search, a package containing one pound of cocaine with an estimated street value of J$625,000 was taken from Loctor.
He is scheduled to appear before the Trelawny Parish Court on Tuesday, January 23.
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM
- Community consultation to mark commencement of Fond Mange` Road Reconstruction Project February 24, 2020 1:27 PM
- Fuel price adjustments February 24, 2020 8:59 AM
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM