Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) – Police are reporting that 25-year-old Akim Loctor, a dishwasher of Castries in St Lucia ,was yesterday charged with possession of cocaine; dealing in cocaine; and attempting to export cocaine.
According to detectives assigned to the Narcotics Division, the drug was found on Monday when security personnel conducted routine checks on passengers and crew who were returning to the cruise ship that was docked at the Falmouth Pier in Trelawny.
During the search, a package containing one pound of cocaine with an estimated street value of J$625,000 was taken from Loctor.
He is scheduled to appear before the Trelawny Parish Court on Tuesday, January 23.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM