Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) – Police are reporting that 25-year-old Akim Loctor, a dishwasher of Castries in St Lucia ,was yesterday charged with possession of cocaine; dealing in cocaine; and attempting to export cocaine.
According to detectives assigned to the Narcotics Division, the drug was found on Monday when security personnel conducted routine checks on passengers and crew who were returning to the cruise ship that was docked at the Falmouth Pier in Trelawny.
During the search, a package containing one pound of cocaine with an estimated street value of J$625,000 was taken from Loctor.
He is scheduled to appear before the Trelawny Parish Court on Tuesday, January 23.
- More St. Lucians return home Saturday
- Two males shot and chopped by gang in Soufriere
- United Workers Party marks fourth year in office: “As they talk, we work” (+video)
- No legs? No problem! – Jamaican Andrew Nelson making light work of life’s challenges
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism