Share This On:
(JAMAICA OBSERVER) – Police are reporting that 25-year-old Akim Loctor, a dishwasher of Castries in St Lucia ,was yesterday charged with possession of cocaine; dealing in cocaine; and attempting to export cocaine.
According to detectives assigned to the Narcotics Division, the drug was found on Monday when security personnel conducted routine checks on passengers and crew who were returning to the cruise ship that was docked at the Falmouth Pier in Trelawny.
During the search, a package containing one pound of cocaine with an estimated street value of J$625,000 was taken from Loctor.
He is scheduled to appear before the Trelawny Parish Court on Tuesday, January 23.
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM