Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – Two lawyers have been charged with drug trafficking after they were stopped in a road block on Sunday night and allegedly found with a marijuana cigarette and a bag containing marijuana.
The lawyers, a 36-year-old man and a 40 year-old-woman, were arrested by members of the Eastern Division Task Force near the Mayaro Junction.
Police say that at around 7.30p.m. officers conducted a search of the lawyers’ vehicle and found the “unusually large” cigarette.
Also found near the front passenger seat was a bag containing 45 grammes of marijuana and a grinder.
The male lawyer was charged with the possession of the marijuana cigarette and because they were held within 500 metres of the Mayaro Government Primary School, both were also jointly charged with trafficking.
Charges were laid by Constable Verasammy.
The defendants are expected to appear in court on Tuesday.
More Caribbean Stories
- Haiti’s president warns of humanitarian crisis, calls for support November 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Man beaten to death with brick over cigarette refusal November 18, 2019
- Man shot dead at Curepe gyro stall November 18, 2019
- Jamaican mom grieves son’s murder as they were preparing for church November 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Doctor fired for creating panic November 18, 2019
- Trinidad: Media barred from funeral of Satnayaran Maharaj November 18, 2019
- Jamaican actor sets sights on Nollywood November 18, 2019