Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Second Session of the Eleventh Parliament is scheduled for Tuesday, April 25, 2017.
Members of the House of Assembly will meet at 10:00 a.m. and Members of the Senate will meet at 10:30 a.m., after which both Houses will meet in joint session to receive a message from Her Excellency, the Governor General, Dame Calliopa Pearlette Louisy.
The Standing Finance Committee will meet in closed session at 2:00 p.m. on April 25, 2017 to review the Estimates of Revenue and Expenditure 2017/2018.
A Sitting of the House of Assembly is scheduled for Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. and Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. where the debate on the Estimates of Expenditure 2017/2018 will take place. A report of the Meeting of the Standing Finance Committee will also be presented.
The following Motion is down for consideration:
BE IT RESOLVED that the House of Assembly do adopt the Report of the Standing Finance Committee on the Estimates of Expenditure for the financial year 2017/2018 in the sum of ONE BILLION, FIVE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN MILLION, SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY-TWO THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS ($1,513,652,200) as a charge against the Consolidated Fund and other funds of the State of Saint Lucia.
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM