Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Second Session of the Eleventh Parliament is scheduled for Tuesday, April 25, 2017.
Members of the House of Assembly will meet at 10:00 a.m. and Members of the Senate will meet at 10:30 a.m., after which both Houses will meet in joint session to receive a message from Her Excellency, the Governor General, Dame Calliopa Pearlette Louisy.
The Standing Finance Committee will meet in closed session at 2:00 p.m. on April 25, 2017 to review the Estimates of Revenue and Expenditure 2017/2018.
A Sitting of the House of Assembly is scheduled for Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. and Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. where the debate on the Estimates of Expenditure 2017/2018 will take place. A report of the Meeting of the Standing Finance Committee will also be presented.
The following Motion is down for consideration:
BE IT RESOLVED that the House of Assembly do adopt the Report of the Standing Finance Committee on the Estimates of Expenditure for the financial year 2017/2018 in the sum of ONE BILLION, FIVE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN MILLION, SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY-TWO THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS ($1,513,652,200) as a charge against the Consolidated Fund and other funds of the State of Saint Lucia.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM