Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — As the Senate met on Tuesday, April 30th 2019, to consider a Motion for the financing of the 2019/2020 Budget, a new Senator was sworn in. Mr. Francisco Jn Pierre, from the community of Laborie, took the Oath to become a Senator within the Parliament of Saint Lucia.
Senator Jn Pierre, currently a taxi operator, most recently was the Assistant Manager (Loans) at the Laborie Co-operative Credit Union. He serves on the Board of the Southern Taxi Company and has for years been an advocate for taxi drivers in the south. He has been devoted to his community where he volunteers his time, especially to work with youth clubs.
Senator Jn Pierre, a graduate of the Vieux Fort Comprehensive Secondary School, has also served in his early years as a fire officer of the Saint Lucia Fire Service.
President of the Senate, Mrs. Jeanine Giraudy-McIntyre, officially welcomed Senator Jn Pierre, stating that she hoped his tenure would be fruitful “and to the mutual benefit of all.”
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM