Share This On:
(SNO) — The University of Texas track and field team set eight new personal records while competing at the Bryan Clay Invite and Mt. SAC Relays on Friday night.
At the Mt. SAC Relays, the Texas contingent set four new personal bests, highlighted by four top-10 finishes.
Competing at the high-profile collegiate invitational after being denied permission to represent the nation at the CARIFTA Games in the Cayman Islands, Julien Alfred set a new Saint Lucia national junior record.
Alfred, who is expected to go in national colours this summer at the Pan Am Junior Championships, ran 11.49 for the women’s 100m and 24.07 for the 200m. The Commonwealth Youth Games 100m champion and Youth Olympics silver medallist finished eighth in the century and fifth in the half-lap race.
The Longhorns freshman, a graduate of St Catherine High School in Jamaica, reset the 100m national junior record she has held for the past three years. Her previous best mark just a few weeks ago was 11.52.
The new national junior record is the 13th fastest time for under-20 girls this season in the North and Central American and Caribbean (NACAC) region.
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake shakes Dominica again January 14, 2020 8:56 PM