Share This On:
(SNO) — The University of Texas track and field team set eight new personal records while competing at the Bryan Clay Invite and Mt. SAC Relays on Friday night.
At the Mt. SAC Relays, the Texas contingent set four new personal bests, highlighted by four top-10 finishes.
Competing at the high-profile collegiate invitational after being denied permission to represent the nation at the CARIFTA Games in the Cayman Islands, Julien Alfred set a new Saint Lucia national junior record.
Alfred, who is expected to go in national colours this summer at the Pan Am Junior Championships, ran 11.49 for the women’s 100m and 24.07 for the 200m. The Commonwealth Youth Games 100m champion and Youth Olympics silver medallist finished eighth in the century and fifth in the half-lap race.
The Longhorns freshman, a graduate of St Catherine High School in Jamaica, reset the 100m national junior record she has held for the past three years. Her previous best mark just a few weeks ago was 11.52.
The new national junior record is the 13th fastest time for under-20 girls this season in the North and Central American and Caribbean (NACAC) region.
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM