Share This On:
Law enforcement sources have confirmed that the shooting that occurred on La Toc Road, Castries early Thursday morning, April 5, 2018 was a police shooting.
Reports are that police went to arrest a Zane Daniel and he was shot by the lawmen.
Initially, police reported to the official emergency services that a ‘Trevon Joseph’ or a ‘Kyle Joseph’, aged 15, had been shot, but it was later confirmed that the person who was arrested and shot is indeed Zane Daniel.
It is not yet clear how the mix-up with the names occurred. And our newsroom has not yet ascertained Daniel’s age and why he was shot.
However, it has been confirmed that the individual sustained a gunshot wound to the left leg and was transported by ambulance to Victoria Hospital in stable condition.
A resident had told our newsroom that the shooting may have been a case of mistaken identity. The resident had reported that “wrong person shot in La Toc Road for Zane Daniel”, then corrected to say “sorry right person Zane Daniel shot”.
The resident had also reported that multiple gunshots were heard in the community.
The photo below, supplied to us by the resident, showed a trail of blood, apparently from the alleged ‘victim’ of the shooting.
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM