Share This On:
Fire partially destroyed a dwelling house in Sans Souci, Castries on Sunday, Dec. 31, according to law enforcement sources.
Around 5 a.m., the authorities received a report that a concrete structure – measuring 55ft x 40ft – was on fire.
Castries responded with two units and an ambulance.
The owner and sole occupant of the house, Madge Alexander, who is 80+ years old, was reportedly rescued by her son and the police.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
Investigations are underway.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools