Share This On:
(GIS) — The new Castries market facility will be officially handed over this month.
At the new facility, vendors will enjoy the comfort of covered vending facilities, built-in vending stations, and storage lockers.
Mayor of Castries Peterson D. Francis encouraged vendors to seize the opportunities and new business that will come with the new vending facility.
Prime Minister of Saint Lucia Allen Chastanet acknowledged the conveniences that the updates provide.
“For too many years our fruit and provisions vendors have had to endure the blazing sun or the pouring rain while simply trying to earn an honest dollar. I am extremely happy that very soon they will be back to their original home as the first phase of the Castries Market Redevelopment Project nears completion,” he said. “I am just as eager to see the commencement of phase two which will provide upgrades to the remaining facilities at the market.”
The new facility was designed to be both aesthetically appealing and resilient to withstand category five hurricanes and the vagaries of climate change.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM