Share This On:
(GIS) — The new Castries market facility will be officially handed over this month.
At the new facility, vendors will enjoy the comfort of covered vending facilities, built-in vending stations, and storage lockers.
Mayor of Castries Peterson D. Francis encouraged vendors to seize the opportunities and new business that will come with the new vending facility.
Prime Minister of Saint Lucia Allen Chastanet acknowledged the conveniences that the updates provide.
“For too many years our fruit and provisions vendors have had to endure the blazing sun or the pouring rain while simply trying to earn an honest dollar. I am extremely happy that very soon they will be back to their original home as the first phase of the Castries Market Redevelopment Project nears completion,” he said. “I am just as eager to see the commencement of phase two which will provide upgrades to the remaining facilities at the market.”
The new facility was designed to be both aesthetically appealing and resilient to withstand category five hurricanes and the vagaries of climate change.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM