Share This On:
(GIS) — The new Castries market facility will be officially handed over this month.
At the new facility, vendors will enjoy the comfort of covered vending facilities, built-in vending stations, and storage lockers.
Mayor of Castries Peterson D. Francis encouraged vendors to seize the opportunities and new business that will come with the new vending facility.
Prime Minister of Saint Lucia Allen Chastanet acknowledged the conveniences that the updates provide.
“For too many years our fruit and provisions vendors have had to endure the blazing sun or the pouring rain while simply trying to earn an honest dollar. I am extremely happy that very soon they will be back to their original home as the first phase of the Castries Market Redevelopment Project nears completion,” he said. “I am just as eager to see the commencement of phase two which will provide upgrades to the remaining facilities at the market.”
The new facility was designed to be both aesthetically appealing and resilient to withstand category five hurricanes and the vagaries of climate change.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM